Join us in-person for services, starting June 14th!
Royersford Bible Fellowship is an evangelical congregation within the larger context of the Bible Fellowship Denomination. As you learn about our church family at Royersford Bible Fellowship, we encourage you to also explore the BFC family, as a whole.
All services will be recorded. You can watch our Sunday services via Youtube now! Click on the top right playlist icon to see other Sunday service recordings, or go to Youtube directly using the link below…
July 2, 2020
Dear Members and Friends of RBFC,
As you know, in early June we sent a letter to everyone outlining our plan to re-open the church building for worship services. Among other mitigation strategies, we asked you to wear a mask upon entering the building and keeping it on until seated and then putting it back on when the worship service was finished in order to exit the building safely.
We are amending these guidelines to be in compliance with the new order issued on Wednesday, July 1, by the Pennsylvania Secretary of Health. This order requires facemasks to be worn the entire time anyone is in “any indoor location where members of the public are generally permitted.” No exceptions were included for houses of worship, as has been the case in previous orders from the Governor and the Secretary of Health.
In accordance with this newly issued order we are asking that you wear a mask for the entire time you are in the building for Sunday worship services.
The specific order is attached to this email so you can see the entire document. The only exceptions to this order are found in section 3 of the enclosed document.
As a reminder of other mitigation strategies we already have in place:
- Maintain social distancing
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the building
- Exit the building as soon as the service is finished and enjoy fellowship safely outside
- Accessible rooms – the only rooms available are the sanctuary and bathrooms, as well as the nursery for feeding and diaper changes
- Refreshments will not be available for the foreseeable future, feel free to bring your own coffee
- We will delay communion until August
- Children’s ministries are on hold for the remainder of the summer
- The sanctuary, bathrooms, and all high touch areas will be sanitized each week.
- Zoom and YouTube livestreams: These services are gladly provided for anyone who is sick, for all who work with COVID-19 patients and for all who feel uncomfortable coming to the building. We want you to know that you are a treasured part of our congregation and we seek your safety as well as your spiritual vitality.
- In addition, enough reserved space will be allotted between the platform and the front pews so that anyone serving from the platform can safely remove their mask in order to do their ministry. This will be the only time anyone will be permitted to remove their mask, and only for the time they are ministering up front.
Above all, let us love one another by reaching out with words of encouragement and sacrificial acts of kindness. If you see a need, try to meet it and draw others in with you to share the joy. If you find that you disagree with someone’s opinion about this whole pandemic, listen well, speak kindly and be tenderhearted with each other. Jesus said the world will know that we are his disciples if we love each other.
See you Sunday, in person or online.
The Elders of Royersford Bible Fellowship Church20200701-SOH-Universal-Face-Coverings-Order
HELPFUL RESOURCES DURING THE COVID-19 CRISIS:
RESOURCES RELATING TO CHILDREN
Crossway is offering free streaming access to The Biggest Story: The Animated Short Film through April 12, 2020. Based on the best-selling book by pastor Kevin DeYoung, the 26-minute film was created to show kids how stories in the Bible connect to Scripture’s overarching message about God’s glorious plan to redeem his rebellious people. Crossway offers incredibly helpful resources for Christian growth. You can receive podcasts and articles free via email. They also have many helpful books and videos for sale that are worth your investment. Just go to Crossway.org and sign up.
7 BIBLICAL TRUTHS TO TEACH CHILDREN ABOUT DISEASE AND DISASTERS
Jill Nelson is a wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, and author. She has taught Sunday School for over 20 years and writes God-centered curriculum for Truth78.
RESOURCES FOR TEACHING YOUR CHILDREN BIBLICAL TRUTH
Note: When you click on the link you will see many books to use. Several books in the Making HIM Known series can be ordered via Kindle download.
Here is a book that relates specifically to the area of fear.
Go to Truth78.org and in the search bar type in “afraid.” The children’s book When I Am Afraid will pop up. This book provides parents with an opportunity to show their children the wonderful promises of God and encourage them to look to God when they are fearful. There are also Bible Memory resources call “Fighter Verses” as well as music. Enjoy!!
TALKING TO YOUR CHILDREN ABOUT CORONAVIRUS – Brad Hambrick, Pastor of Counseling at The Summit Church in Durham, NC
RESOURCES RELATING TO ADULTS
HOW THE PANDEMIC PREACHES THE GOSPEL:
SEVEN WAYS TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS WHILE SOCIALLY DISTANCED – by Jill Waggoner who serves the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission in the areas of public relations, and Brandt Waggoner, lead pastor of Fairview Church in Lebanon, Tennessee.
COVID-19 – LIVING BY PROBABILITIES OR PROVIDENCE? By Mike Emlet, Dean of Faculty, Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation
FREE ONLINE BIBLICAL TEACHING RESOURCES FROM LIGONIER MINISTRIES
FREE DIGITAL BIBLE RESOURCES DURING CORONAVIRUS – FROM CROSSWAY PUBLISHERS
HOW DC CHURCHES RESPONDED WHEN THE GOVERNMENT BANNED PUBLIC GATHERINGS DURING THE SPANISH FLU OF 1918 – by Caleb Morell, pastoral assistant, Cap. Hill Baptist Church
Eight Reminders in the Face of the Coronavirus Pandemic by Dane C. Ortlund, chief publishing officer and Bible publisher at Crossway.
Get in Touch
431 N. Lewis Rd. Royersford PA 19468